What is Filter Easy?Filter Easy is a great company that delivers furnace filters directly to your door. Each delivery contains the exact number of filters your home needs, in all the right sizes. It also acts as a physical reminder that it’s time to change your filters.
What is the cost for Filter Easy?Filters cost $10 per month. This amount will be added to your account every month to be paid with your rent. This will be the same price if you have 1 filter or 6 filters for your property.
How often will I receive my filter(s)?A new filter will be shipped directly to your door every 90 days. This grade of filter is cheaper in price than many competitors.
Do I install the filter myself?Yes. Once received, you will remove and dispose of your old filter, and replace with the new filter. There will be instructions in your shipment on how to locate and change your filter.
Where is my air filter located?First, look around your property for a return air grate (usually on a wall or ceiling). If you find one, there will be a place for you to open the grate, and your filter will be inside. If your property does not have a grate on the wall, your air filter will be located in/by your furnace. Look for a 1″-4” wide hinged or removable cover on it and the filter will be inside.
I already buy my own filters, can I opt out of receiving these?No, the Filter Easy Program is not optional. We appreciate our tenants that have been taking the appropriate steps to take care of their HVAC systems in the past, however, we are confident that the Filter Easy Program will save you time and money while providing you high quality filters. Under Fair Housing, we have to treat all tenants the same which is another reason this program is not optional.
Why do I need to change my furnace filter?It is an excellent way to save money on your energy bills. Having a clean filter means it takes less energy to push air through your home. A dirty filter is the #1 reason for HVAC system failures. It restricts the air flow into your HVAC systems air handler, which then strains, and oftentimes burns out the motor controlling air flow. An HVAC repair STARTS at around $600 and an exhaustive repair can easily reach $7,000. A new system, if the damage is irreparable, starts at around $10,000.
I forgot to attach required documents to my application. Where can I send these?You can send any required documentation not attached to the original application to email@example.com.
How do I apply for a property?
- Fill out an application on our website.
- Go to our AVAILABLE PROPERTIES page
- Search this page for the property you would like to apply for.
- Click the “Apply Now” button and submit an application.
- Each occupant over 18 must submit an application and pay the $40 fee by credit card or debit card only.
- List ALL dependents under 1 adult applicant.
- Provide proof of income
- Most recent 3 months of pay stubs for all applicants used to qualify for the property.
- Provide proof of any other sources of income if needed (example: two years of tax returns for self-employment).
- Each applicant over 18 must submit a current driver’s license and a social security number or ITIN. NOTE: We cannot begin processing your application until we have ALL your information.
- Receive a decision on your application.
- All accepted applicants sign a lease agreement.
- Pay the security deposit in full payable to Mesa Properties Inc.
What documentation do I need when I fill out an application?Please be sure the following four (4) items accompany your rental application:
- Your application screening fee of $40.00 payable by credit card or debit card payment only on the last screen of the application for each applicant over the age of 18.
- Picture I.D., (Driver’s license, Green Card or Passport)
- Social Security Number or ITIN number.
- Proof of Income: 3 months of paystubs, 2 years of tax returns if self employed or an official letter from your employer on company letterhead.
What are the requirements to rent one of your properties?A completed and signed application from all proposed occupants over the age of 18 must be submitted. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN. Incorrect or misinformation will disqualify you as a prospective renter.
WE WILL NOT START PROCESSING OR CONSIDER AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION.
- A $40.00 screening fee via credit card for the purpose of running credit and eviction reports is required with each application. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Credit or debit card payment is the only form of payment accepted.
- You must provide photo I.D. – Driver’s License or State Issued ID card (Note: Military cards are not accepted but can be provided to validate an expired State ID.)
- You must have no records of eviction.
- Employment History and Sufficient Income: We require a gross monthly income of 3 times the amount of your monthly rent per household. Income must be verifiable through 3 months of pay stubs, employer contact or tax records. All other income, including self employment, must be verified through 2 years of most recent tax returns. If you do not meet the income requirements, we may accept your application with a qualified co-signer. Qualified co-signers must make 3 times the rent, pass our screening process with a score of 22 or higher and have a FICO score of 720+.
- Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. The following will not be counted as rental history: if you are related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, if you rented a room or had other rental history where you were not in sole possession of the premises, or if you did not have financial responsibility on the lease agreement.
- You will be denied if you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy the premises.
- We use a third-party PetScreening service. If you own a pet or service animal, you will be required to fill out a PetScreening profile. PetScreening profiles cost $20 for the first pet and $15 for each additional pet. Service animals are free. For more information on our pet policy, please visit https://mesaproperties.net/resources/pets/
- An up-front payment of approximately 1 month’s rent as a security deposit is required by cashier’s check or money order when signing a rental contract.
- If your application is approved, you will be required to obtain a renter’s insurance policy in the minimum amount of $100,000 personal liability with Mesa Properties Inc. listed as additional interest.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant. WE PROCESS MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS SIMULTANEOUSLY AND CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS UNTIL WE HAVE A SIGNED LEASE AND SECURITY DEPOSIT.
- Please note that all of our properties are smoke-free.
How our scoring system works:
Each applicant is evaluated individually using the score sheet. Income and Debt-to-Income ratio are combined for all tenants.
The maximum score attainable is 26 points. Each tenant is scored individually and then the average of all scores is used for the final decision. Example: 3 applicants apply and have individual scores of 19, 24 and 20. Their average group score would be 21.
- 22 and above, applicant(s) are approved with a security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
- Between 18 and 21, applicant(s) are approved with a security deposit equal to two month’s rent.
- Less than 18, applicant(s) are denied.
Automatic DenialsYou will be denied if any of the following apply:
- Insufficient income (combined household income of less than 3x the asking rent).
- Any eviction on record.
- FICO score less than 580 (if the score is less than 580 due to no credit, application will still be considered using “no credit” in the credit scoring row).
- Any forged documents such as, but not limited to, fake paystubs, altered bank statements, fake ID, etc.
- Lying on applications such as giving a fake landlord or employer reference and contact info.
- Harassment of Mesa Properties Inc. staff whether in person or over the phone. Threatening or verbally abusing any staff member will not be tolerated and the application will be immediately declined.
- Bankruptcy discharged less than 1 year or negative credit history since bankruptcy discharge.
- Felony conviction in the past 7 years.
Mesa Properties Inc. Applicant Score Sheet
Debt to Income Ratio:
- 3: < 40%
- 2: 40-45%
- 1: 45-50%
- 0: > 50%
Credit Score (FICO):
- 4: 720+
- 3: 700-719
- 2: 650-699
- 1: 600-649
- 0: 580-599 or no credit
Negative Credit Impacts:
- 3: Nothing Negative or student loan/medical related
- 2: Foreclosure/Bankruptcy greater than 1 year old
- 1: 3+ late payments not counting student loan/medical related
- 0: Accounts currently delinquent or accounts in collections
Length in Field of Employment:
- 3: 36+ months
- 2: 24-36 months
- 1: 12-24 months
- 0: 0-12 months
Number of Years of Rental History or Mortgage History Verified:
- 3: Greater than 3 years
- 2: 2-3 years
- 1: 1-2 years
- 0: Less than 1 year
Number of Past Landlords Verified:
- 3: 2 or more
- 2: 1
- 0: No verifiable rental history
Late Rent/Mortgage in the Last 3 Years:
- 3: 0 late payments
- 2: 1 late payment
- 1: 2 late payments
- 0: 3 or more late payments
Lease Violations in the Last 3 Years:
- 3: None
- 2: 1 Violation
- 1: 2 Violations
- 0: 3+ Violations
Lease Break Within Last 3 Years (Tenant Fault):
- 1: No
- 0: Yes
How do I schedule a showing?You can schedule a showing on our available rentals page.
What are the income requirements to rent one of your properties?We typically require a minimum of 3x the monthly rent in W-2 income.
Do you work with evictions?If you have any eviction on your record, your application will be automatically denied.
Do you handle Section 8?Yes, we accept all forms of legally verifiable income including Section 8, VASH, and other state or federal housing vouchers.
All of our requirements still apply with the only difference being that the 3 times the rent requirement is based on the portion of rent that the tenant is responsible for paying as opposed to the total rent of the property.